Not all OBD 2 scanners offer the same functionalities and performance. With every other product types, every OBD2 scanner has a unique selling point and has its own set of pros and cons. That is why; you must be very careful and selective for choosing the most suitable car scanner for your vehicle type. You must also compare the products keeping in mind the specific purpose you want to address, cost and compatibility, and many other factors you must have to consider. You must also know that are you in the need of a basic or a high-end unit?
A basic OBD2 scanner is a low-cost that can read and erase the error codes. If you are not a professional user and you just want to tell your mechanic the possible technical glitches and other issues that might arise, the basic units are suitable for the job. However, if you are a professional and you want to offer your customers with complete car diagnostics solutions, you have to choose the high-end scanners. A higher-end OBD 2 scanning tool may cost more. However, it will certainly offer many more functions and features that are useful for diagnosing and correcting various types of vehicle errors.
1.INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool with ABS/SRS and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles
INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool which has ABS/SRS and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles has an anti-lock brake system (ABS) which speeds up the way in which the braking system works. It is further improved by hydraulic system. This is made to work with a mix of several sensors which makes OBD2 coding easier. It is a safety/ supplement restraint system (SRS) which is in most common within the air bag.
The system if inserted activates itself and is able to warn the vehicle owner about any fault that occurs. This is mostly in the form of a light sensor. When it blinks, the engine system needs some corrective action. It also has a unique coding feature which enhances its compatibility with several models of vehicles ranging from the newer versions to the older models of the OBD2 scan.
It has live data relay system made possible by the enabled improvements through the society for automotive engineers (SAE) that help the technician to be able to get the data quickly and speeds up the corrective action. Some basic features are:
- It has a relative light weight of 3 pounds.
- It is small sized, it is about 7 x 3 x 10 inches that makes it easy to navigate, install and store when not being used.
- A USB data transfer mechanism which is compatible with every PC. This also allow the technician print the OBD2 scanned data for further action.
- It has a high compatibility ratio; its compatibility with both manufacture specific and generic codes makes it rather fit within this category.
- The INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool has a multilingual data system that ensures reliability.
- It has a backup system which is enabled through a battery system. This is important in helping switch the scanner on even when the engine is switched off.
- It is efficient scanner with the enabled accessories which accompany this scanner. You don’t need any hustle when getting the data. By just correctly inserting the scan tool, the live data feed is enough to eliminate all worries.
- It has wide user scope that covers several vehicle models ranging from both the new OBD2 types and the older versions of the OBD1.
- It is less labor intensive- with all the enabling accessories; the scan machine has less labor requirements. The live data feed mechanism facilitates the technician to get the data with comfort at the car seat. The enabled personal computer connection further provides the ease of printing of the data.
- It has higher rates of compatibility. It can generate codes on both the newer and older car models alike.
2. Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool
Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool is capable of diagnosing both the anti lock backing system (ABS) and the safety restraint system (SRS). These two safety nets are very important; the codes enabling assist the technician in getting to correct any fault. It has a large compatibility with several OBD1, OBD2 and controlled area network (CAN) compliant vehicles.
An instant messaging (IM) that provide the technician and the owner with the capacity to get live data feeds, the ability to verify the status emissions saves time. The special thing here about this product is the ability to reach the data just by one click button. Some basic features of this device are as under
- It has an inherent audio technique.
- The 3 minute tone also informs the technician when the vehicle has been fully scanned and repaired.
- This is supported by a visual feature through the color LEDs which also blink when the vehicle engine is ready.
- It is reasonable in size measuring about 70.9 x 31.5 x 102.4 inches, a relatively large but suitable considering the enabling accessories.
- It weighs 2 pound as compared to its size.
The Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool has the following strong points when it comes to its use;
- This product offers wide range with its rich mix of codes and the high rate of OBD2, OBD1 and CAN compliant vehicles, you can be sure that this scan machine will be used across a wide range of vehicles so this device is convenient and resource efficient in terms of money and energy.
- This scanner is cheap and economical while other high flying OBD2 scan machines are expensive. The convenient feature of this device is that it is pocket friendly. This is an economic device that is capable of providing the high quality and wide range of quality results.
- It is a reliable device having several additional points working together to achieve one basic goal can really be quite fantastic when it comes to this OBD2 scan tool. For instance, the audio and visual aids are all meant to assist the technician with getting the requisite data. .
- This device delivers high quality and aesthetic value. The physical look of the Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool is awesome. In addition to this, its ability to scan well is due to its high resilience rate. These two features combine to provide value.
3.Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus
Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus contains superior qualities known for the Actron group. It is among the numerous high quality products from this well known and highly respected technology giant. It has a customable live data feed feature that is able to produce on-time and up to the minute data codes. This alone is important to be able to speed up the process of repairing & fixing. In addition it has the playback feature that helps the technician get the previous data.
Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus has an even added capacity to give the user millions of data updates, making the repair process quite easy. It has wide range of manufacturer specific codes and an array of generic codes- this is the main reason that it is compatible with several models within the OBD2, controller area networks (CAN) motor vehicle category.
The scanner is also enabled to work with several added professionally functioning features like the graphic presentations, ABS code coverage and an OBD2 drive cycle mode. All these help to aid the process of data coding. Basic features of this scanner are as under:
- It has reasonable size of 10.6 x 7.3 x 0.5 inches.
- Its weight of 1 pound, carrying and storage of the scan machine cannot be an issue. The size also gives it an advantage of being a handy device.
- It uses few AAA dry cell batteries, this feature makes it independent of the engine power, and with this feature it is able to operate the scanner even when the engine is switched off.
- The ability to scan across several codes makes this scanner more compatible with some vehicle brands both within the OBD1 and OBD2 categories.
- It has environmentally friendly scan process. This OBD2 scanner doesn’t harm the environment.
- The Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus is an efficient device; it is designed to work with some high level of precision and efficiency. This scan tool is further enabled to inform the user of what needs to be done on priority and what can wait. In this way, a lot of time and energy is saved.
- Another advantage of this device is fast timelines. The priority feature of selecting the area to be handled first aids the technician work within the desired timelines without following every lead. This act also saves time and enables the corrective mechanism to be done in the most effectual way.
- It is very simple device to use. The Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus is fitted with some push button feature in order to get what is required. This makes its use simple.
- This scanner is cost effective. The OBD2 scan is fitted with even more than enough. The professional attachments provide the vehicle owner a cost effective solution, there is no need to spend on play back and other known features.
- Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus is known to perform a large amount of work across the several compliant motor vehicle brands.
- This device proffers reliability- the presence of a reliable battery power backup in the scan is enough to provide the technician peace. It can be used even in remote places where there is no power.
- It provides ease of navigation and storage.
4.INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS and Battery Backup for OBD2 Vehicles
INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS and Battery Backup for OBD2 Vehicles is widely used. Its features are great, they include:
- It supports multiple languages that help technicians who understand different languages to understand the data. This eliminates haziness which arises from translations.
- This scanner comes with well formed power back up system along with a battery power to help in powering the OBD2 scan even without switching on the engine.
- It has a well formed screen display with the capacity for live data display, readiness checks and drive cycle monitoring. INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS is also enabled with a LED light on its display to
- It has wide code coverage (generic and the manufacturer specific codes). This helps it in its area of compatibility.
- It is compatible with several brands both OBD1 and OBD2 compliant. In addition, the scan machine has several safeguards including the anti braking lock system (ABS) which are inserted on the air bags to guarantee human safety.
- It is very small in size at dimensions of 12 x 8.5 x 2.5 inches.
- The weight is rather magical at a paltry 1 pound
- It has ability to connect to the PC through a USB flash makes the scanner able to transfer the scanned data for ease of printing and further analysis.
- It has an ability to be updated using any PC enabled accessory or flash drive. This enables it to accept new car entrants into the market.
It has following benefits:
- The fix assists technicians will be handy with the use of the INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool. This is traditional practice, which have to ease the process through which motor vehicle repair request solutions are seperated.
- The cost of the INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool if compared with others within the same brand is affordable..
- These great OBD2 scanners are geared towards providing you quick solutions for your engine emission problem. It is therefore worth saying that it gives some of the quickest solutions.
- It has user friendly process with the several user friendly interfaces, these scanner tools are made keeping in mind the unique user variations it will find in the market. That is why it is known as user friendly.
- It is efficient and reliable, the OBD2 scan is not forced to fail especially with the enhancements it has been given. Along with an independent battery power back up, one will be sure to use the scan despite the engine condition.
- The INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool is durable, sturdily built and it has all the signs of a longer lasting machine.
5.Actron CP9575 AutoScanner
This scanner comes with few manufacture specific codes which will enable it to effectively code the motor vehicle errors. It has several generic codes in addition, a feature which allows it to work across several motor vehicle brands. Because of its high rate of coding capability it provides high compatibility with several OBD2 motor vehicle models and some controller area network (CAN) oriented models. Instant messaging (I/M), an OBD status check up and OBD2 drive cycle and All these are meant to improve the scanning capacity of the Actron CP9575 Auto Scanner. It also has an internet enabled screen that is easily updatable. The screen has in addition, the capacity to relay live data input with its easy backlight features. It is this feature that the technical team gets to know that where the fault exists in engine and the vehicle operations. It is a hand held OBD2 scanner which is therefore easy to use and navigate. Some basic features are as under:
- The Actron CP9575 Auto Scanner also has fantastic size of only 9.4 x 6.3 x 1.7 inches.
- It weighs 11.2 pounds which makes it easy to navigate and install.
- This scanner, just like the other Actron scanners is supported by an additional online repair resource from the Repair Path.
- This scanner has a CE certification; which is a quality mark within the European Union. This clearly shows that it is fit to be sold within the European Union as a quality product.
- It has a backup system that is efficient with a battery powered mechanism. This will enable the data coding even when the machine engine is switched off
The Actron CP9575 Auto Scanner comes with the following meaningful benefits:
- The several user enabled features make the life of the user more relaxed. With its professionally oriented automatic gadgets, it provides level of efficiency and reliability.
- Actron CP9575 Auto Scanner offers more value at low price of an ordinary OBD2 scanner.
- It has a wide range of easy to use additional functional beneficial accessories which enable further examine and analysis of the encoded data. These features are hardly found in the other known OBD2 scanners.
- This scanner has a multi coding capacity (manufacturers’ specific and generic codes) this feature is fundamental in any great OBD2 scanner. It has ability to interact with several coding systems is further boosted through the controller area networks CAN access.
- It has a live data streaming. This is a functionality that allows for fast access to the data. The easy to access screen and the ease of navigation is another area where the Actron CP9575 Auto Scanner is used to accessed by enabling live data feed.
- It is time and resource saving. Its feature of easy access to data saves the technician and the car owner some valuable time.
- Actron CP9575 Auto Scanner’s use is technology based. It has mostly automated functions and in this way one can acquire very useful knowledge without any sort of training.
In addition to the traditional engine components and parts, modern cars incorporate a significant amount of technology. Computers run many of the systems within today’s cars, and they will usually inform the driver when something is wrong. Typically, the engine light, the brake light, or some other warning light on the car’s dashboard will illuminate to indicate a problem and alert the driver.
In some ways, the increase in computerized auto components makes it easier for car owners to determine what is wrong with their vehicles. Instead of taking the vehicle in to a mechanic and having to pay for a diagnostic, owners can check their car’s systems themselves by using a car diagnostic tool. These tools or scanners are easy to use and usually come with helpful instruction booklets or software.
This guide explains the benefits of car diagnostic tools and offers some tips for reading the complex codes that are delivered by automotive scanners. It also informs buyers about local brick and mortar stores, as well as websites like eBay,, where they can purchase car diagnostic tools.
- The Standardized OBD II Scanner
As it is discussed earlier all car manufacturers need to follow standards of EPA while designing their vehicles’ computer interfaces. Auto repair shops had to buy a different diagnostic tool and scanners for each make or model of car before this EPA’s decision. But these tools can be very repair shop owners and expensive, mechanics were not happy for not having a standard. All cars manufactured should be compatible with any standard automotive scanner or diagnostic tool. This means that a buyer can purchase a scanner and use it on any car belonging to the household, as well as the cars of friends or neighbors. Such a standardized practical technology is cost-effective for both the part time mechanics and the car enthusiast.
- A Comprehensive Scan of All Electronic Systems
Within the average modern vehicle, a computer (or two or three) is in charge of most systems, including the ignition system, the automatic transmission, the fuel injection, and dozens of other smaller systems and parts. Sensors throughout the car are constantly gathering and transmitting data back to the main computer modules in the car. They allow for careful, precise control of the fuel and ignition, making it possible for cars to be increasingly clean and efficient.
The smarter the car’s computer is, the better it will be at timing everything and maximizing power for a safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly vehicle. Since the sensors are spread throughout the vehicle and are constantly reporting back, they make it easier for the car’s computers to detect a problem and alert drivers before it becomes serious. A car diagnostic tool uses complex codes to communicate with users and to pinpoint the source of a potential issue.
- Peace of Mind for Car Owners
With a standardize car diagnostic tool, drivers don’t need to worry about the meaning of glowing engine light on their dashboard. Instead, they can diagnose themselves without needing to take their car to a mechanic. With a diagnostic tool, drivers can have a quick check of the systems, receive any problem codes, and interpret them using a special manual to see if the issue is a simple that can be dealt with later or that issue requires immediate attention.
- Easy-To-Use Design
The best obd2 scanners are easy to use. They typically have a module with a screen that can be held in the user’s hand. A short cable can be used to connect this module to the car’s obd2 port. This port is located under the dashboard, near the driver’s side of the vehicle. Once the unit is plugged in, car owners should insert the key and turn it to the first notch. Car owners will need to input their vehicle’s vehicle identification number, as well as other information such as its make, its model, and its engine type. When it is done, owners can follow the rest of the on-screen directions to held the scan.
- Affordability for Car Owners
Car diagnostic scanners are highly specialized in use. They were difficult to use and were often designed for a particular make of car. The scanner for a Ford might not have worked on a BMW and vice versa. With this specialization it was really hard for an average user to afford a diagnostic tool. But today, diagnostic scanners are comparatively affordable. Some are fairly simple, low-end scanners that return problem codes without any additional information for the user. Some others are more intricate and offer more detailed descriptions of issues, and offer multiple language options for non-English-speaking users.
- Save Time and Money
To have a handy and portable best OBD2 scanner while you are driving on the road can prove to be very useful as this can be used to find out any problem with the car, occurred suddenly in the middle of the road. You’ll be informed about the vehicle’s issue whether there is any necessity to call a technician. So you can continue your journey without worrying about car problems that occurs suddenly. .
- A Do-It-Yourself Tool
Making a purchase of the best OBD2 scanner is the appropriate way to avoid the heavy payments made after vehicle examination. Someone who is car enthusiast, this powerful tool can be very prolific; it also helps to diagnose problems with cars. Best obd2 scanner enables to conduct timely vehicle repair, so in this way one can save a lot on making a repair. OBD2 scanners are convenient, efficient and accurate that helps to enhance a vehicle’s performance.
An OBD2 scanner is the next version of the On-Board Diagnostics tool, which examines engine functions. If a vehicle’s engine experiences any breakdown, the “Check Engine” light will blink warn you about any wrong doing. An OBD2 scanner can access the resulting trouble codes within the vehicle’s diagnostic computer, or power train control module (PCM). This computerized hand device can only interact with vehicles manufactured in 1996 and later. In early times vehicles use older versions of diagnostic systems which vary depending on the vehicle manufacturer and response was not quick as on had to wait for a technician to find out the problem. Using an OBD2 scanner is relatively easy, and checking trouble codes only takes a few minutes.
With obd2 scanner it is true that you can diagnose the problem yourself but for this you need to understand that how will you use this scanner. For this you have to follow the following instructions properly.
- Turn off the vehicle first. Under the steering wheel locate the Data Link Connector. This allows access to the diagnostic computer, which is on the driver side in most vehicles.
- Connect your OBD2 scanner to the Data Link Connector.
- Insert your vehicle’s key into the ignition cylinder and switch to “On.” Depending on the brand of OBD2 device, you may also need to turn the engine on and allow it to idle.
- Turn on the device, if it did not auto-activate itself.
- Key in a command to “read” or “scan” the diagnostic system. How to do this depends on the brand of OBD2 device you are using. Button layout differs from model to model, and some devices may use a menu system.
- Read through the trouble codes on your device’s read-out screen. Copy these codes down onto a sheet of paper. Some devices are equipped with USB and can connect directly to a computer with a USB cable
- Look for the trouble codes in your device’s handbook. Typically, generic OBD2 codes are located in an appendix toward the back. These are the standardized generic codes good for all OBD2 compliant vehicles. Manufacturers also have a supplementary set. A vehicle’s owner’s manual will not have these codes. You will need to find them out online or in a repair manual for your particular vehicle.
- Turn off the vehicle’s electrical system. If you had to start the engine, turn it off as well. Unplug the OBD2 scanner’s diagnostic cord from the outlet and turn the device off.
Having your automobile breakdown during the quest could in many cases create a lot of psychological chaos to most automobile owners. Nevertheless, the majority of people utilized to suffer this sensation till the mid 1980s when the rule to match the vehicles with OBD check equipments was passed.
The new brands of OBD2 scanner have the unmatched effectiveness making your journey many more pleasurable if you beware of all the messages it delivers. With proper fitting as well as upkeeps, the obd ii scan devices are bound to take automobile ownership to the following degree.
Besides the post regarding the very best OBD2 Scanners, you can click adhering to connect to obtain more details regarding Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner and also Auto Diagnostic Devices.